Wednesday, October 26, 2016

King of Pain

Dedication

apologies to The Police

There's a little black spot on the sun today.
It's the same old thing since yesterday,
and I kneel here now, not too much to say
that will interest you, no, not this day.

You have stood there before inside the pouring rain
with the world turning circles running 'round your brain.
That single attack that comes around again,
makes you victim but regal. You're the king of pain.

If I could take it away, you know damn well I would,
suck it in my soul, make you feel so good
you would drop the bridge, like you know you should,
let me walk right in, past your childhood,

past the armored guards and the rusted knights,
past the throne room, to the staircase flights,
past the endless days and the lonely nights,
past the paralyzed memories and the brutal fights.

I would slip right past that stony space
you call your heart, and I'd touch your face
and I'd tell you, "Let's get out out of this place."
But you'd look at me, all your love erased.

You'd tell me your feeling, it disappears,
only anger left in your blood. It sears
the wounds, but never can it stop the tears,
are they yours or mine, these nighttime fears?

You have stood there before inside the pouring rain
with the world turning circles running 'round your brain.
That single attack that comes around again,
makes me victim but regal. I'm your queen of pain.

Queen of pain,
I'm always your queen of pain.
 


Post a Comment