...in which I take random words from Twitter posts to form comparisons, associations and more, material that can be used for future poems. I've highlighted the words I took from Twitter.
- Hope swells like a hot air balloon.
- A swarm of flies, curses spew from his twisted mouth.
- Soft-spoken older folk spread through the halls, like watercolor.
- Her mouth moves from frown to smile, unnaturally, a time-lapsed video.
- Constantly thanking the heavens, he treats gratitude like a talisman.
- Her tone rings mysterious, like Wiccan lore.
- Arguments about global warming assassinate the quiet meal.
- His voice pops silence like a chiropractor working on a body in a quiet, country cottage.
- The conversation hikes back to the rocky gap of extremism.
- He borrows the look of a tortured writer from his friend with the perpetual headache.
- The Wall Street Journal is his Gospel, the Bible his sidebar.
- Online dating has its own strange acoustics.
- A verbose television blabs in the back room.
- A smattering of logic's salt dissolves his claims faster than it does slugs.
- The graveyard calls, like an open heart.