Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Why do I want more?

Sometimes, I want more than it seems I need because

  • the thing is so pretty, and I love beauty.
  • there is a distinct lack of beauty in some places because the world is needy. I want more beauty.
  • I love to experience nature on a daily basis, and there's not enough of it, which says something about society.
  • I love to create, and that takes supplies.
  • if something is on sale, I want to buy more than one of it because it might not be on sale again when I need it to be.
  • I like to give to those who are needy because I don't believe in being selfish and in some way, I connect with them.  This requires money.
  • if I like something (like clothing) and it fits well or fits the way I need it to fit, I buy more than one because it's hard for me to find a good fit (due to my height and body structure).
  • the thing tastes good and I don't want to stop the sensory experience.
  • the thing temporarily takes away anxiety.
  • the thing is something I do automatically when I am tired and less aware.
  • I don't feel good physically or mentally.
  • I am bored.
Anything in excess can be bad, and I struggle with it all the time.  The good news is, I don't care about things like expensive cars, name brands, having a huge house, wearing jewels, etc.  However, I do tend to spend too much on things that allow me to create, those shiny and colorful things, those pieces of paper, those shiny bling-stickers, etc., that bring me so much joy.  And of course, I sometimes eat too much when I am under emotional/physical stress.  To a point, it's normal, though not healthy.
Post a Comment