Monday, December 17, 2012

Places to Visit Updated With More Restaurants

Here are some places I want to go:

India
El Salvador
Rome
Africa (not exactly sure of which country)
Tibet

I don't want to visit tourist traps.  I want to be with the real people, in particular, those living in rural areas that have not been westernized so much.

In the meantime, here is something cool I figured out yesterday (yeah, I'm probably slow).  In Manassas/Manassas Park VA, less than ten miles from each other, are the following ethnic restaurants (besides traditional American, of course). 

Vietnamese
Chinese
Japanese
Thai
Cajun
Portuguese 
Salvadoran
Mexican
Indian
Middle Eastern
Italian

I probably missed some, but the joy is, we no longer have to travel to Fairfax County to experience the world!

It would be so great to have all these restaurants come together for a huge, international meal, celebrating the diversity of our area!

Post a Comment