Sunday, June 17, 2012

Re: Focalin and The Sick Powers

Dear Big Pharm, NIH, FDA, Government Agencies, Quasi-Government Organizations, Healthcare Providers, You Who Are Unofficially Affiliated with Government and its Related Agencies and You Who Do Not Respect Boundaries Because You Have Issues with Power and Control:

I think I have included in my greeting the important players in this game and hope you note I am not publishing individuals' names.  Some of you fall into more than one category on the list, and I highly suggest you take the time to consider which of those you might be identified with. 

In between a relaxing weekend of family fun (because you have deemed it okay to leave me alone and let me enjoy my life), I've had a chance to experiment with my ADHD medication, which I have not been able to take regularly for the past two weeks or so because other health related conditions have prevented it.  As of this morning, however, I have isolated the problem with Focalin, which does come with a warning that the medication may have side effects, including headache, dizziness and nausea. 

While Focalin works well to improve concentration and regulate activity, it has exacerbated the dizziness, eye pressure and nausea associated with my tinnitus and sinusitis.  In addition, I suspect Focalin has contributed to my most recent migraines, though I have not identified the exact cause and effect relationship between the two.  Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that those of us with tinnitus, chronic sinus problems and/or migraines probably should be prescribed a different medication. 

I will be speaking to my doctor about options.  I am confident there is a solution.  In the meantime, I encourage you to examine your actions, motives and ethics, and I respectfully request you contact me directly if you have questions or comments about anything related to me.  I appreciate your compliance.

Sincerely,
Katherine Gotthardt
Post a Comment