Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Thinking in Seventeen Syllables

Hua-yen

There is no you
without me,
vice versa,
mirror of a thousand minds.

_________________________


Third time in a month,
this period.  Or maybe
it never did stop.

_________________________


That thing I've fallen
for, that idea, that picture--
time to hang it up.


_________________________


In my dream last night--
you, me and hard boiled eggs.
Best not to wonder.

_________________________


Oh my God, your eyes--
I cannot shut my own.  Please,
put the blindfold on.

_________________________

You pretended master,
I pretended slave,
Micky Mouse on your shelf.

_________________________

I only ask you
vacate my solitude.
There's no room
for you here.

_________________________

At the last airport,
I set off the detectors.
My big heart earrings.

_________________________

The winter
of our discontent
ended when I
suddenly left you.

_________________________

I promise
I will try to speak gently
as an old oak in a storm.

_________________________

Maybe it's better
I cannot hear the timer.
Put the earplugs on.

_________________________

For the love of God and me,
clean your room
and don't put bras
in the dryer.

_________________________

Well excuse me for resenting
seventeen appointments in a day.




Post a Comment