Friday, December 30, 2011

Creative Exercises

These are my results from a creative writing exercise a writing friend suggested.  Basically, you look at objects around you and make them transform into random things.  Some of these don't make much sense, but the exercise was fun, anyway.

My spectacles turned to icicles and froze my wooden nose.
--Pinocchio

My headband was vicious as a letter opener.


The two-day old punch fermented into nail polish.

The water's depth and breadth were measured in pink flamingos.

The stone was as smooth as a stool softener gel tab. 

That old Christmas card became a gnat.

Especially in the morning, my computer claims to be the Declaration of Independence.

The scrambled eggs soon became bad breath.

The literary magazines collected like retired guys in a coffee shop.



 


Post a Comment