Monday, August 15, 2011

It's more than just old age.

I'm tired of being tired.  I just don't get it. I exercise, I eat pretty well (though not all the time, I admit), I go to bed at reasonable times, I tried making sure I wasn't congested at bed time, I had a sleep study, I don't snore, and still, I am tired.

It's more than just getting old.  I have taken an afternoon nap for years--about an hour--but now, I fall asleep at 7 p.m. and then I go to bed for the night between 10 and 11 p.m. and have no trouble sleeping.  I sometimes can also fall asleep about 11 a.m. and still take the afternoon nap, sometimes with the additional evening nap, too. 

There have been times this sleep has been a way to escape, but mostly, I would say that isn't the case.  I really sleep, and when I don't, my mind just goes into beta mode.  Even my brother noted it.  "Doesn't it worry that you sleep so much?"  Well, yeah. It does.

I got my meds adjusted this week (my moods have not been the best), and if things don't get better within the next month, I will have to go to a doc, which I am loathe to do because what is she going to say?  I'm lazy?  Get another sleep study?  I have chronic fatigue syndrome (I was told that once)?  I am older and do a lot (I don't feel I do a lot, especially compared to other people)?  I'm still too fat?  My tinnitus is making me more tired (that could be)?  My hormones are nuts (yeah, we know that)?  I need a cup of coffee in the afternoon (maybe)?

I hate complaining, but this is a drag.
Post a Comment