Friday, July 08, 2011

Blogger's Blarg

Actually, it's not blarg.  But I love that word, so I thought I would keep it in the title.  I've just been too busy to blog and write creatively, which is good in a way because it means I am employed, but bad because there is a poem lurking somewhere under my mind's bed, along with a myriad of dust bunnies. 

Now there's a term for you.  Who coined the phrase "dust bunnies"?  

People really need to get more credit for blurting out expressions that stick.  I searched for the origin of "dust bunnies" and didn't come up with anything more informational than a warning about feeding them.  But maybe I just didn't look long enough.  Maybe the answer really is waiting for me in a YouTube video.

I am glad I did the search, though, because I stumbled across a new mantra that is sure to make me a happier person if I remember to recite it daily:

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.  ~Phyllis Diller, Phyllis Diller's Housekeeping Hints, 1966
 


Post a Comment