Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Career Change?

I think I'm in the wrong field.

I think I need to work in Government Accountability or some kind of public bitching center. Except I don't think people get paid for that. And I suspect they get spanked quite a bit. I don't feel like getting spanked in order to make a living. Somehow, that seems wrong.

However, right now I seem to be doing it for free. That's kind of a spanking in and of itself, isn't it? It's a double spanking--you get people mad and you don't get paid. But I can't help it. I'm sick of democracy and justice being undermined in this country and in out county. Besides that, it's down right nerve wracking. How can we continue to function if we keep screwing our own residents over?

You can see I'm reverting to potty-mouth this afternoon. I'm giving myself permission. Potty mouth is sometimes good for the soul. When you read as much crap as I do, potty mouth becomes a kind of garbage-in-garbage out. Unfortunately, most of the "garbage in" comes from official statements by selected politicians and local leaders--liars.

I don't like liars. You can say a lot of things to me without my getting seriously offended, but don't lie. Lying demeans both of us. And don't make up stupid excuses that your mother wouldn't even believe.

I'll listen to a lot of things. I'll listen to things I don't agree with and I can usually even find some common ground. I'll let people ramble when I have time to hear it, and I'll read things that don't interest me when asked to do so. But please don't ask me to read lies and accept them. I don't think that's an unreasonable request. When you lie, you demean both of us.

I could give several examples of the dishonesty I'm describing, but I really don't want to get into it right now. That's no lie. Talking about liars all the time gives me "hueva." If you don't know what "hueva" means, it's probably a good thing. It's Spanish potty mouth.

It was different growing up where I did. The "bad kids" were really easy to spot. They usually smelled like pot or were sitting in detention. You could avoid them without too much effort, especially if you were like me, a quiet female who didn't rock the boat. It's not like that now. It's harder to spot the "bad guys." Pot and detentions don't signify much in this new grown-up world I live in. And I'm no longer a quiet female who doesn't rock the boat.

I've discovered it's easy to rock the boat. All you have to do is start asking questions out of pure curiosity or concern, and before you know it, you've caused a title wave. What's up with that? I don't mind if people ask ME questions. I guess that's because I have nothing to hide or to lie about. The world isn't that simple, though, is it? Not everyone is forthcoming or honest. Granted, some people are just more private and that doesn't make them liars, but that makes it even harder to spot a liar sometimes.

It's easier to spot a political liar, though. They do themselves in all the time. All you have to do is compare two different articles or reports and all of a sudden, poof. The veil is lifted. It's harder in other sectors where people don't leave as many footprints or paper trails.

Well, enough boat rocking today. I've got some household messes to clean. I have to go scrub my bathroom. I'm sure the toilet especially needs it.

Post a Comment