Sunday, February 24, 2008

Places I want to see

Not necessarily in this order:

Someday, I hope to see Tibet and the Dalai Lama (who probably will not be in Tibet).

India and the Taj Majal (which probably will still be in India). Maybe I can see His Holiness there.

Recently added: Bhutan.

Mecca.

The English countryside, London, English villages.

Rome and the Vatican and the Pope (who will probably still be in Vatican City).

Assateague Island and the wild ponies (which I hope will still be there by the time I get there).

Lebanon and Sicily.

The Korean countryside and villages.

Africa, African village life, African wildlife.

Australia, the aborigines (I hope there are some left), the wildlife, coral.

The Amazon, the rain forests, the bugs (but not on my body).

Mexico (again, this time more of the countryside and the people).

Bar Harbor and the national park there (the one with the mountains...can't recall the name right now but I camped there once).

New York (again but this time the Statue of Liberty).

Native American reservations.

If I ever get to see all or any of these things, it probably will be somewhat of a miracle. New York and Assateague might be within range. But the rest, I just live through with Internet pictures, writing (much of it from students), imagination and occasional movies.

I want to see people, nature, indigenous culture, architecture, churches, religion in motion.

I wish the world would leave indigenous cultures alone to be who they are. We have so little respect for natural living. But then, we have so little respect for life sometimes that this does not surprise me.

Always the dreamer, aren't I?
Post a Comment